Click Here for More Details
Chess I Beginner course with Bruce Truong
No previous Chess knowledge required
11 Lessons on 4/3, 4/10, 4/17. 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 6/5, 6/12, 6/19
Target Skill Range: Beginner (Rated 1000-1399)
Goal: Acquire the knowledge to approach the opening with confidence and achieve success
1. Memorize the principles of the opening.
2. Apply the principles in practice games.
3. Learn a few "tournament" chess openings.
4. Watch these video lessons for practical review.
5. Read these articles for practical review.
6. Play in an opening themed tournament on Chess.com.
7. Complete an opening lesson.
Chess II Intermediate course with Bruce Truong
Target Skill Range: Intermediate (Rated 1400-1799)
Learn to develop long-term, strategic plans and outplay your opponents
1. Learn the basics of positional chess: pawn structures.
2. Learn the basics of positional chess: weak squares.
3. Learn about space and "building strength" in chess.
4. Learn more about "good versus bad" pieces and piece power.
5. Learn to balance the "initiative" versus the "concrete" factors of a position.
6. Practice evaluating chess positions.
7. Learn about defense and prophylactic thinking.
8. Learn advanced planning.
Chess III Advanced course with Bruce Truong
Target Skill Range: Advanced Path (Rated 1800-2000+)
1. Learn the power of the pieces
2. Improve your knowledge of dynamics and tension in chess.
3. Know how to exploit exchanges.
4. Improve your prophylactic thinking and defense!
5. Relate structures and plans.
6. Master the exchange sacrifice.
Select the checkbox before the class, then click on Register below. (You may select courses)